Mr. Shahbaz Malik CONSULTANT ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON
Sports Medicine Specialist in Shoulder & Knee Reconstruction & Surgery for Athletes
I graduated in Medicine from Cardiff University in 2007 after completing a BSc (Hons) at St George’s, University of London. I did my initial training in London at North Thames Foundation School and then moved to Birmingham for Higher Specialist Training, on the run-through training programme at the prestigious Birmingham Orthopaedic Training Programme (BOTP).
My area of interests are all aspects of Shoulder, Elbow & Knee Sports Surgery which involves arthroscopy (keyhole) surgery and joint replacement. My other interest includes trauma with a focus on Upper Limb trauma. I particularly enjoy teaching and I am currently a Training Programme Director or Education at Health Education West Midlands for Core Surgery Trainees.
I enjoy doing research and have written several book chapters with international authors as well published several papers. Outside medicine, I enjoy keeping fit whilst fund raising. I have trekked Mount Kilimanjaro peak and Everest Base Camp. I have also run several half marathons and cycled around UK & Europe.
I am a member of following bodies:
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Elbow & Shoulder Society (BESS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie (SICOT)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)